Policy/Procedures (Updated 28/7/21):
Before your appointment:
- Please only attend your appointment if you are feeling in good health. If you or your close contacts are experiencing any symptoms that could potentially be those of COVID-19 (or any other contagious illness), please do not attend your appointment. There is no cancellation fee, but it is appreciated if you give as much notice as possible.
- Before you attend your appointment, please check the Victorian exposure sites (updated regularly – ensure you are viewing an up-to-date list) and ensure you have not visited any of these sites in the last 14 days. Also, do not attend an appointment if you have been overseas or in quarantine in the last 14 days or to any interstate site of known COVID-19 cases.
- Do not attend an appointment if you or close contacts have tested positive to COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are waiting on COVID-19 test results.
- If you have received a COVID-19 vaccination, you are advised to wait three days before receiving massage.
At your appointment:
- You are required to apply hand sanitiser when entering and exiting the studio.
- Please bring your phone to check in using the QR code.
- You must wear a mask for the entire appointment.
- You will be asked to read a COVID-19 screening document. If there is deemed to be a risk of COVID-19 transmission, the appointment will not be able to proceed.
- Please bring your own water bottle. In the interests of reducing Covid-19 risks, water/drinks/cups are not currently provided.
- Toilet facilities are reserved for ’emergencies’. If you do need to use the bathroom please be respectful that it is in a private house (masks required).
- Contactless payment can be made via card, using Square Payments. If you need to pay cash, please have the correct amount ready ($90 for a 1 hr appt).
- Akeso Massage Therapy will continue its practices of providing a clean environment. Clean linen is always provided for each client and the massage table and other high-touch surfaces are always cleaned between each appointment. Extra cleaning and disinfecting procedures are in place due to Covid-19 and a cleaning log is on display. Extra time between appointments is allowed to increase ventilation (windows and doors are opened for at least 30 mins).
- In accordance with Victorian Government laws, Akeso Massage Therapy has developed a Covid-Safe plan. To support contact tracing, details of anyone attending Akeso Massage Therapy will be collected and, in the case of a Covid-19 positive case being connected with Akeso Massage Therapy, details will be provided to the relevant authorities.
Akeso Massage Therapy’s COVID-19 policy and procedures are subject to change. They are aimed at reflecting the current Government (federal and state) requirements and recommendations and the guidelines of the Association of Massage Therapists (AMT) and will be adapted accordingly. Whilst efforts will be made to keep details on this webpage up to date, you may be informed of some changes by other means (for example, by email/phone/at appointments).
For your information: I am fully vaccinated for COVID-19. I look forward to seeing a greater proportion of the population vaccinated for COVID-19.